Saturday, October 13, 2007

To My Husband..


This is to the crown and blessing of my life,
The much loved husband of a happy wife;
To him whose constant passion found the art
To win a stubborn and ungrateful heart,
And to the world by tenders proof discovers
There are someone,

Who says that husbands can't be lovers
With such return of passion, as is due,
Kesh I love, Kesh my thoughts pursue;
Kesh, my hopes and joys are bounded all in you.
Even I, for Kesh' and my promise' sake,
What I in woman censure, undertake.
But this from love, not vanity proceeds;
You know who writes, and I who 'tis that reads.
Judge not my passion by my want of skill:
Many love well, though they express it ill;
And I your censure could with pleasure bear,
Would you but soon return, and speak it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment